Vegetarian miso ramen
This homemade Japanese recipe makes a rich creamy spicy miso ramen that is suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
Vegetarian / Vegan Spicy Miso Ramen
This homemade Japanese recipe makes a rich creamy spicy miso ramen that is suitable for vegans and vegetarians. Its healthy and contains a wide assortment of ingredients.
Spicy miso creamy vegan ramen.
is suitable for vegans and vegetarians. Its healthy and contains a wide
assortment of ingredients.
Ramen soup base
- 15 ml Chili oil
- 1 tsp Grinded ginger
- 4-5 cloves Garlic cloves minced
- 45 ml Sesame paste (Tahini works)
- 90 ml Miso paste (soybean paste)
- 4 cups Water
- 2 cups Soy or Almond milk
- 8 grams Kelp (Kombu) broth powder (Vegetable broth powder works as well)
- 1 stalk Leek (sliced)
- 6-7 heads Bok choy
- 250 grams Bean sprouts
- 60 grams Snow peas
- 340 grams Veggie soy ground
- 1 can Corn
- 1000 grams Ramen Noodles (For vegans, make sure to find vegan noodles)
Rame soup base
- Cook the garlic in the chilli oil on medium heat in a pot, until it slightly browns.
- Add the soy ground, ginger, sesame paste and miso and continue to cook until it smooths out.
- Add the water and broth to the the mix and bring to boil.
- Add the leaks to the mix and cook for a couple minutes.
- Once it starts to boil, add in the soy or almond milk and turn it down medium heat.
- Add the corn and a cook for a couple minutes then bring the soup base to simmer.
- (Optional) You can add in slightly grinded sesame seeds.
- Boil the bok choy, snow peas and bean sprouts in lightly salted water until they soften. Its best to boil them separately.
- Cook the ramen noodles to the package instructions.
- Once everything is cooked put the noodles in the bowls to serve. Then add soup base, and put the cooked ingredients on-top.